Individual tax return services – IR3

Our Individual tax return services are provided to make life easy for you. They are completed based on your personal situation. Like most things, over time, your financial situation changes. Each year we re-assess your circumstances to understand your changing individual tax obligations and consequences and requirement.

How we can help

As your nominated tax agent, Small Business Accounting Takapuna will liaise with the Inland Revenue Department and deal with the ever-changing complexities of Tax Law so you don’t have to. We know you have better uses of your time than trying to complete complicated tax forms correctly.

Do I Have to Lodge a Tax Return?

All income earnt over $200 each year is subject to taxation. If you are paid wages, then your employer will usually deduct the tax from your wages or salary. They will be paying your PAYE (Pay As You Earn) tax on your salary to the IRD on your behalf. Normally if your only source of income is from employment and your tax is PAYE deducted, then you will likely not need to file a tax return(IR3) at the end of the tax year.

However, if you have other sources of income such as rental property(LINK), self-employment(LINK – contractor page) income or income that hasn’t been taxed, then you will need to file a Personal Tax Return IR3. To understand whether or not your personal situation requires a tax return, your best option is to have a chat(LINK) with SBA Takapuna team today.


Can you complete multiple previous years of Tax Returns for me?

Yes, we can prepare and lodge with the IRD all the past years’ returns in one go. The estimated refund could be quite substantial and we will keep you informed throughout the process. Whether you have a basic return or something a little more complicated, our accounting team can take care of it for you.

Looking for straightforward tax advice?

Get in touch to discuss how we can help you